Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hello, World 'O Blogging

I am offiically a "blogger."

For the last few months, I've been thinking of creating my own blog. But because I was working on a graduate degree, I knew I would absolutely never find the time to post a single sentence. So, with the master's degree recently completed, I decided this would be the time to launch my very own blog.

The next question of course is: Will anyone be even remotely interested in what I write? Well, some might. My friends and family may put me in their "Favorites," checking periodically to see what prolific prose I have posted to the Web.

Many of my writer friends have blogs, so I decided this would be an excellent outlet for some creative writing and various ramblings. Having spent a number of years as a newspaper reporter and editor, I'm used to simply taking what people say and threading it together into a newspaper article. While I believe good reporting and writing is a talent, I've always been in awe of people who write fiction -- how do they make up interesting characters and believable dialog? (Yes, some "journalists" unfortunately dabble in fiction writing, but, those of who take the profession seriously, really do frown on that sort of behavior.)

Because I have grand notions of writing a) a collection of terribly interesting personal essays b) a memior c) a mystery novel d) a children's book, I have decided this blog will be an outlet for whatever creative juices spill out of my fingertips.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly, Of course, everyone will be interested to read what you have to write. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Holly. Glad to know that there's life after grad school. Keep on writing. -- William

Wendy A. Hoke said...

Hi Holly,
Welcome to the blogosphere! And congrats on the master's degree. I'll be checking on you to make sure you keep posting. And I'll look forward to catching up in a few weeks in Vegas!
Cheers,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Holly,

I look forward to reading your future thoughts, ideas, and quips. Congrats on the masters degree and best wishes in all your endeavors.