I hate major, life-changing, career-impacting decisions. Without going into too many details at this stage, Clint and I are facing a big decision. He has an opportunity, I have an opportunity, and, of course, we always have the "do nothing" option.
It's tough.
I'm continually asking for God's guidance and hope to hear a response soon -- yes, no, call back later -- anything would do.
What's your advice for dealing with big decisions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My mom always told me to use the list of pros and cons method. I tend to try to view the situation objectively and make a logical, not emotional decision. Of course, listening to your "gut" (God) is always a good idea. But if you and Clint are in a complete deadlock, with no compromise available, I would defer to the man of the house. The only reason I say this is because I fully believe in making decisions together and utilizing compromise when in disagreement. But if there is no agreement, God made the man the head of the household, so I let him make the call. If he is acting with the good of the family at heart, he will make the right decision. I'm thinking you probably don't like this part of my answer, so my advice for HOLLY is to just have a little faith. ;) love you.
I just went through two different decisions concerning my career (at different times... yikkes!). One adjustment I made, the other I passed up. I prayed that God would put a peace in my spirit about the right thing to do. Both times, He did! I also asked God that if I made (one of) these moves, that it would be the best one of my career. Not the same, and definitely not worse. I wanted the best, and I know God wants the best for me also. I promise that because He loves you, God will hear your cries to Him, and will honor your prayers! Jenny S. (in Ohio)
Post a Comment