Last night I actually went to bed and read for about 40 minutes before going to sleep. I haven't done that in ages. I've been reading The Devil Wears Prada since July and my goal is to finish it before Christmas. I have a ton of new books to read, recent purchases from the last two Friends of the Library book sales.
I always swear I won't buy any more new (or used) books until I read all the books I have.
But when it comes to books, I have zero self control. I've always been this way. Ask my mom, who read me storybook after storybook after storybook until she (and I) knew Richard Scary's Great Steamboat Mystery by heart.
I just love the feel and the smell of books. I love the sound of a new book spine as it cracks up to reveal a host of imaginative treasures. I love escaping into the story, of living someone else's life if just for a few brief moments.
In fact, I think I might go to bed early tonight and curl up with a good book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did I tell you there's a huge book festival in downtown Baton Rouge this weekend with plenty of authors to meet and books to buy?
Hi Holly,
It is nice to know someone else who shares my passion and love for books as well. I too have bought a mountain of books during the last two library book sales; and although I have not read half of the ones I just bought, I am already looking forward to the next book sale in Dec. As soon as I finish my semi-new Murder She Wrote I plan to read the Devil Wears Prada. Of all the vices we could have in life, I think this one is one we can live with guilt free. :-)
Post a Comment